October is only a few days away, and for those of us in cyber security that means it is time again for Cyber Security Awareness Month. President Obama first designated October as Cyber Security Awareness Month, when he announced that “cyber threats post one of the gravest national security dangers the United States faces.”
At Orion, we want to make sure that you are prepared. So this October, check back regularly as we provide you with resources to help you stay informed about how you can remain secure in an ever increasingly digital world.
Cyber Security Awareness Month: What to Expect From Us
- Stop. Think. Connect.
- Creating a Culture of Cyber Security at Work
- Connected Communities: Staying Protected While Always Connected
- Your Evolving Digital Life
- Building the Next Generation of Cyber Professionals
We will also post several articles that can help you with implementing or improving security within your organization. These articles will help you understand various aspects around cybersecurity within your organization, including:
- What all should be covered in your cyber security policy
- Misconceptions about IT security
And many others.
Cyber Security Awareness Month: How Else to Participate
Outside of the various articles that we will publish to make sure you stay connected, there are several other activities that will be going on in this coordinated effort to increase awareness around cyber security. Including:
- #CyberAware: This is the official hashtag of Cyber Security Awareness Month. Check it out throughout the month for great resources and conversations about how to stay secure online.
- Replace your profile picture or Facebook cover photo with the National Cyber Security Awareness Month logo for October. Click Here to get the social media icons.
- Join the Weekly Twitter Chat: The Department of Homeland Security will be doing a weekly Twitter chat on Thursdays in October at 3pm EST using #ChatSTC. Orion will be participating, and you should too!
If there is something you are looking for this month that you have not been able to find sufficient information about, contact our security experts today and let us help you.